Core Coaching Skills
July 23 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
CORE COACHING SKILLS
Next Course Begins: July 23rd
4:00 pm Pacific, Thursdays
- Ten, 2.5hr, live weekly classes.
- [07/23], [07/30], [08/06], [08/13], [08/27], [09/03], [09/17], [09/24], [10/01], [10/08]
- Connect via phone, Skype or web interface
- Your instructor: Terri Hase
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Class Sample – Click play to listen!
COURSE LEARNING HIGHLIGHTS
In this course you’ll discover:
- The Core Competencies as set out by the International Coaching Federation
- What true coaching presence is and what it’s not.
- How to handle the most difficult coaching conversations with ease
- Expanding your listening to a tri-plex approach
- How to leverage your client’s insights into sustainable action
- How to start a coaching session that leads to authentic coaching partnership
- How to understand the flow and format of the competencies as a road-map
- The art of powerful questions that go way beyond being interesting and clever
- Detecting when a mis-step has occurred and how to recover quickly
- The three questions you must answer before the client hires you
- How to leverage your life experience into dynamic coaching skills
- How to create accountability for your client, even if you’re uncomfortable with accountability!
And much more….
This course is ICF approved, providing 25 interactive class hours and 5 self-study/homework hours.
Reserve your seat now!
Normally $1797 – NOW SAVE $500!
1 single payment of the full course purchase price.
Followed by 2 payments of $433 monthly. Total purchase price, $1299.
We use PayPal to process both Credit Card and PayPal transactions – No PayPal account is required.
Need to connect? Questions? Options? Let’s talk!
Request to speak with a Student Advisor.
This live teleclass course is easily accessible to students around the world, with nothing more than a phone, computer, or Wi-Fi mobile device. A few clicks of the buttons and you’re instantly connected live, in real-time, with fellow students from around the world. The ease of the teleclass structure makes for a rich and diverse learning environment. Our live teleclasses are created using proven instructional design standards, and they are infused with interaction, delivery, and engagement that supports all learning styles. Class occurs once a week and is 2.5 hours each session. The course meets 10 times over 12 weeks, with occasional adjustments for holidays, and includes 2 designed off-weeks as part of the enhanced learning plan. You will have homework between classes. The self-study and homework portion of this program is essential to your learning success. Several of the assignments, both in and out of class, will involve working with your fellow classmates. This creates a safe learning and practice space with people on a similar journey. You will be required to turn in a sample coaching session for instructor review. Full details will be provided in class, including some recording tips to make this simple and easy. Your course also includes access to an entire set of audio files, a manual, and additional resources to support your learning. As you invest in your learning you may discover that you need a little extra support – that’s great! It’s very normal and expected. With this in mind, remember that if you need any extra connection, you are encouraged to set a private appointment with your instructor, our Director of Student Affairs, or any one of our support team. Contact Us – We are here for YOU!
These are the basic requirements for this course: To maximize the learning and practice benefits of this course, you will be paired with a class colleague for some of the out-of-class assignments and paired with one or more classmates for several in-class assignments. You will be working with people from all over the world and you are expected to be a respectful and interactive participant in these exercise opportunities. Homework is required, and rest assured, it’s designed with your busy lifestyle in mind. During class you will be called upon for your thoughts, experiences, questions, opinions, and to engage in the class discussion. This is essential to everyone’s learning, and the value you bring benefits us all. You will NEVER be ‘called out’, but there will be times you will be appropriately ‘called upon’. Please be prepared to engage and participate. You must attend all classes live, and be an active participant, in order to graduate. If you must miss a class, no problem! You will need to complete a missed class report and attend one of the available ‘Make-up’ days. You can exercise this option for up to two (2) missed classes during this course without it impacting your graduation. Missing more than 2 classes requires a full or partial retake of the course, (no additional charge), in order to receive your diploma. Our attendance requirements align to the International Coaching Federation requirements to ensure every students ability to easily apply their learning to their credentialing process, if they so choose that path. Please speak with one of our student advisors if you have any additional questions about our attendance policy. The coaching session requirement for this course mandatory for graduation. You will be given full instructions in class, have ample training and practice, all before this is due. Failure to turn this in, or if you score below the minimum standard of coaching skill, will result in the inability to pass the course successfully. You will be delighted to discover that the Impact Coaching Academy training prepares you to far surpass the minimum requirement for graduation. This course does include a written final exam. This multiple choice, online exam is required for graduation. Details will be given in class. You will be asked to affirm your willingness to participate under the guidelines of Impact Coaching Academy’s “Policies and Procedures” and “Participation Agreement” before the first class session. It ensures a positive, safe, and enjoyable learning environment for everyone.
This course is primarily for beginning coaches, so the prerequisites are minimal:
- While it is valuable to have completed Ethics and Conduct first, you are welcome to take this course at any time, and we strongly encourage that you are also registered for our Ethics and Conduct for Coaches course, regardless of the order in which the classes are scheduled. At bare minimum you must read and affirm adherence to the ICF Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Students must be of the age of majority in their country of residence and have a good working knowledge of English (written and spoken).