Ethics & Conduct For Coaches
July 18 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
ETHICS & CONDUCT FOR COACHES
ALL IMPACT COURSE TIMES ARE LISTED IN THE PACIFIC TIME ZONE (Los Angeles, U.S.). Click This Link to see this event start time in your specific time zone.
Next Course Begins: July 18th
5:00 pm Pacific
- 4 two-hour live weekly classes.
- 4 week course.
- [07/18] [07/25] [08/01] [08/08]
- Connect via phone, Skype or web interface
- Your instructor: Terri Hase
ABOUT THIS COURSE
As you grow into the professional coach you want to be, you’ll want to be sure that you’re doing it in the most ethical and professional way, right?
This program sets the foundation for exactly that! In this course you’ll enjoy a full overview of the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct as setout by the International Coach Federation, combined with real life scenarios and situations you may experience.
While ethics and conduct isnt exactly the sexiest of subjects, youll find this course infused with energy, practical information, and insights to empower you as a professional coach.
COURSE LEARNING HIGHLIGHTS
In this course you’ll discover:
- Who are the big players in coaching and how do they shape certification, accreditation, and the standards of professional conduct within our industry.
- What exactly is and is not coaching, and why the answer makes your job easier than you might have thought.
- How the definition of coaching can empower your marketing and connecting activities.
- How to prepare for, and handle, common ethical concerns.
- How to represent coaching in the best way possible.
- How to avoid conflicts of interest, and dire ethical situations.
- How to honor your personal boundaries and ethics, but still be open and inclusive to your clients.
- The detailed Ethics and Conduct code of the International Coach Federation, and how to incorporate it elegantly into everything you do professionally.
- Quick fixes for missteps around ethics and conduct.
- What you need to meet the legal requirements of being a professional coach, and some bonus ideas you might want to consider.
And much more….
This course is ICF approved, providing 8 interactive class hours and 2 self-study/homework hours.
Reserve your seat now!
1 single payment of the full course purchase price.
Followed by 1 payment of $300 the following month. Total purchase price, $597.
We use PayPal to process both Credit Card and PayPal transactions – No PayPal account is required.
Need to connect? Questions? Options? Let’s talk!
Request to speak with a Student Advisor.
This live teleclass course is easily accessible to students around the world, with nothing more than a phone, computer, or Wi-Fi mobile device. A few clicks of the buttons and you’re instantly connected live, in real-time, with fellow students from around the world. The ease of the teleclass structure makes for a rich and diverse learning environment. Our live teleclasses are created using proven instructional design standards, and they are infused with interaction, delivery, and engagement that support all learning styles.
Class occurs once a week and is 2 hours each session. The course meets 4 times over 4 weeks, with occasional adjustments for holidays, and includes 2 designed off-weeks as part of the enhanced learning plan.
You will have homework between classes. The self-study and homework portion of this program is essential to your learning success. Several of the assignments, both in and out of class, will involve working with your fellow classmates. This creates a safe learning and practice space with people on a similar journey.
Your course also includes access to an entire set of audio files, a manual, and additional resources to support your learning.
As you invest in your learning you may discover that you need a little extra support – that’s great! It’s very normal and expected. With this in mind, remember that if you need any extra connection, you are encouraged to set a private appointment with your instructor, our Director of Student Affairs, or any one of our support team. Contact Us – We are here for YOU!
These are the basic requirements for this course:
To maximize the learning and practice benefits of this course, you will be paired with a class colleague for some of the out-of-class assignments and paired with one or more classmates for several in-class assignments. You will be working with people from all over the world and you are expected to be a respectful and interactive participant in these exercise opportunities. Homework is required, and rest assured, it’s designed with your busy lifestyle in mind.
During class you will be called upon for your thoughts, experiences, questions, opinions, and to engage in the class discussion. This is essential to everyone’s learning, and the value you bring benefits us all. You will NEVER be ‘called out’, but there will be times you will be appropriately ‘called upon’. Please be prepared to engage and participate.
You must attend all classes live, and be an active participant, in order to graduate. If you must miss a class, no problem! You will need to complete a missed class report and attend one of the available ‘Make-up’ days. You can exercise this option for up to two (2) missed classes during this course without it impacting your graduation. Missing more than 2 classes requires a full or partial retake of the course, (no additional charge), in order to receive your diploma. Our attendance requirements align to the International Coach Federation requirements to ensure every students ability to easily apply their learning to their credentialing process, if they so choose that path. Please speak with one of our student advisors if you have any additional questions about our attendance policy.
The coaching session requirement for this course mandatory for graduation. You will be given full instructions in class and have ample training and practice before this is due. Failure to turn this in, or to score below the minimum standard of coaching skill, will result in the inability to pass the course successfully. You will be delighted to discover that the Impact Coaching Academy training prepares you to far surpass the minimum requirement for graduation.
This course does include a written final exam. This multiple choice, online exam is required for graduation. Details will be given in class.
You will be asked to affirm your willingness to participate under the guidelines of Impact Coaching Academy’s “Policies and Procedures” and “Participation Agreement” before the first class session. It ensures a positive, safe, and enjoyable learning environment for everyone.
This course is primarily for beginning coaches, so the prerequisites are minimal:
- While it is valuable to have completed Core Coaching first, you are welcome to take this course at any time, provided you are also registered for the co-requisite course Core Coaching Skills, regardless of the order in which the classes are scheduled.
- Students must be of the age of majority in their country of residence and have a good working knowledge of English (written and spoken).